Thursday, April 07, 2011

Canceling Candyland :(

It's official... I will not be able to have my daughter's Candyland party. I am soooo bummed. I was hoping to have it on her actual birthday but her baby brother was born the day before & I could not get out of the hospital in time. Then I figured this weekend, however it is going to rain... which I guess I can't be too mad at, even though I live in Sunny San Diego I do have to make way for April Showers. Next weekend, we are moving. The weekend after is Easter. After that are mandatory track meets we have to attend since my husband & I are the coaches.... so by the time a free Saturday rolls around it'll be June & I'm pretty sure I'll confuse her if I give her a party then! :P
So it's goodbye dreams of a sweet filled day! Or... wait? Maybe I'll just hold off and plan a Candyland Christmas party?!?! I think that would be awesome!

So for the party I don't get to have now....
This would have been the my hubby & I were going to make:
There were many cool ones, but this was my favorite that I thought I could actually pull off! I found it here. I was going to make rainbow colored cake mix, however for Christmas... I'll do a red & green swirl instead. So when you cut into the inside, the kids will get a nice colorful surprise!

The party favors would have been these but on lollipop sticks.

I made her birthday banner using the lettering and clipart I used on her shirt. I still had one more line to make.

Photo Coming Soon

As for the rest of decorations and activities, I won't reveal that just yet... I'll wait until the Christmas party! Whew! Another 8 months to dream candy dreams.....

1 comment:

  1. Hi.. do you have instructions on how to make those lollipop cookies?

    ReplyDelete