Sunday, August 01, 2010

Gingerbread Man




Today we had a fun Sunday afternoon making a gigantic gingerbread boy and girl. After checking out a book from the library, the Gingerbread Man retold by Eric A. Kimmel, my son was very interested in this story. So to take a step further we made our own!
I used my friend's sugar cookie mix, Holiday Cookie Mix by Betty Crocker. (Thanks Iliasha!)
We made the mix and while it baked we read the story.
Once the cookies cooled, I let the kids decorate just using random supplies in my cabinets.
Once my son finished his decoration, I took his plate and ran out the door... just like in the story! He chased me all around our apartment complex as I shouted "You can't catch me I'm the Gingerbread Man!"
He was tickled with excitement. My daughter enjoyed her sugar rush. In all, a successful project.
A really fun afternoon, a very simple and inexpensive idea I'd thought I'd share with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment