Saturday, August 28, 2010

Party Like a Rockstar!


Happy Birthday Jace!



Whatta day! Today we celebrated my son's 4th birthday with a Rockstar Celebration!
He loves musical instruments so it was the perfect fit to have him rock out for his 4th birthday bash. I am happy to announce I pulled off his entire party- food and gifts included for less than $300!

It was a simple and sweet itinerary. When the guests arrived they had their Rockstar Makeover. I had party bags with sunglasses and candy for them to grab with a table set up with tattoos, bracelets, wristbands, body glitter, face paint, nail polish, and lip gloss. I had planned to have eye shadow and blue hair spray but it was left behind in a bag on the kitchen counter. (even I make mistakes... only while preggers *wink*)

Then once they were set, they picked out their guitars and went to the kids table to decorate. I set up markers, crayons, glitter, glue, rhinestones, and water paints. There are cardboard cut out guitars found on orientaltrading.com $9.99 for a dozen. Which I was willing to buy until I discovered shipping would be just as much, so instead I went to Wal-Mart and bought .39 cent poster boards and my husband drew out 2 guitars per board. Prime example of how do- it-yourself projects can save you a ton of money!
They were all different and unique so even better than the more costly option!
They also had backstage passes to put their name on that I made with badge holders I picked up from Wal-Mart. I attached the balloon string to them & they were ready!

Once the Little Rockers had their makeover and guitars ready, the show began! We played a Rock Mix CD I made along with a bubble machine, and my hubby's drum set in the background and we rocked out!
Nirvana-Smells Like Teen Spirit Linkin Park-In the End Michael Jackson- Beat It Steppenwolf- Born to Be Wild Run DMC- Walk this Way
Very fun party! I knew it was successful when I had the party at a park and all the kids were so entertained they didn't even bother going to the playground!
The menu was very simple, I chose all of my son's favorite foods and set it up buffet style.


My son was really looking forward to this birthday party and I was so happy we had such great family and friends come out to celebrate. By far, one of my favorite birthday events yet!
I even ended up with a cool keepsake, a new pair of rocker shoes! Thanks Payless Shoe Source!

No comments:

Post a Comment