Sunday, March 21, 2010

Deadmond's Babyshower




I was blessed to have the best people to plan for when it came to plan my first party as an "official party planner"! Jasmine & Brian were expecting their first baby, a boy!

The theme was chosen from his nursery decor. Since it was co-ed, I planned each game to be very competitive and to get everyone involved. I made a scoreboard and seperated everyone into teams. I used the 4 Kansas City professional teams, since that is where the couple is originally from.

The 4 teams went head to head for each round of competition to finally win a cool prize of at the conclusion of the games. Jasmine prepared huge beer mugs filled with candy. I can atest that my husband uses his huge mug on a regular basis, it was perfect gift for a co-ed party!

It was great food, a lot of fun, and I felt it was successful because my goal was accomplished in having everyone meet one another and have a good time. I really try to avoid that awkward party moment when people don't know one another and small talk gets a bit boring. And after the feedback, I was pleased to hear I eliminated that!!! My biggest compliment was hearing a wife tell me her husband didn't want to go to a "baby shower" but was pleased to admit he had a really great time. If I can have Navy men enjoy a baby shower I've done my job!









All photos were taken by Chrissy Kim of Chrissy Kim Photography! Cake created by Cecille of Bella & Ava's.

No comments:

Post a Comment