Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St Patrick's Day!

I planned a quick and easy St. Patrick's Day play date with my mommy friends. This was my first year truly celebrating St. Paddy's Day. I researched the Holiday's history and instantly wanted to celebrate! While learning some fascinating facts about the man we celebrate on this day, I also reconfirmed the notion that I didn't learn jack in public school! LOL Oh well, thankfully, learning is a life long process!

With a few and inexpensive decorations: a few green balloons, pom poms, and a handmade rainbow sign on computer paper with glitter markers, a few stickers, and a plastic green table cloth I was able to create a mini festive look in my apartment!

I made a rainbow bar: rainbow skittles, rainbow cupcakes w/ pastry pride frosting to represent "clouds", and we made rainbow fruit kabobs.

The kids played a patio game, they had to throw a penny and depending on what square it landed, we all did a certain activity. The clover squares earned the kids a certain colored skittle. The other squares were activities such as sing ABC's, count to 10, jump, twirl, sing If your happy and you know it, do the hokey pokey, name the colors of the rainbow, and some required the activities to be done in Spanish or sign language. Once that was over, the mom's blew up balloons and we cranked up the kiddie music and they had to dance and keep their balloon from touching the ground. It was fun Wednesday morning! My best St. Paddy's day thus far.










No comments:

Post a Comment