Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Gabrielle's Baby shower







I had a blast hosting this baby shower for one of my best friend's Heather!

I created all the activities for this event. Starting off with giving each guest a name tag that had a purple or green bow on it. They didn't know until later, but that determined which team they were on. I had them start off with a guessing game, to guess the mother's birth weight, closest answer got to start first in Sweet Baby Jeopardy. The winner got a head start in the next game. I made a Price Is Right version of baby items. & a cranium style game of baby items.
It was fun and competitive the entire time. The winning team, which was Team Green, won adorable butterfly compact mirrors that I bought from a wedding favor store.

As Heather opened her gifts I had the guests fill out "Gabby" Bingo cards. Without her knowledge they had to fill out what they thought she might say as she opened her presents. This ended up being one of my favorite games I created! :) The winner won a Butterfly calendar.

For party favors my co-host who found the calendar and made the diaper cake, found cute butterfly planners. They will all have something to put Gabrielle's birth date in!

Special Thanks to my co-host Edleen, my husband Blake for all his energy, without him I would not have been able to make the trip nor decorate the place! Thank you to my cousin Ginger for opening her home since I did this party out of town. & to my friend Cecille for making another wonderful cake. Hard to believe, but it actually tastes better than it looks! & last but not least my sister Tierra who totally stepped in for me! I fell down a flight of stairs earlier that day & was super behind on everything! She helped me prepare the food, set up, clean up, and even took pictures while I was hosting! Who said teenagers aren't a blessing!?!?

To view the pictures we both took click on me! Password is "Gabby"

To see the preparations for this party view my earlier blog! click me

No comments:

Post a Comment