Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day!

outside & inside of the card


dancing machines

Happy Valentines Day! We celebrated our day of love as robots! I have noticed a lot of things Robots... like the stamp at Michael's that we used to make our Valentine's Day cards. & the Robot plates & utensils found in the dollar section at Target. My son loves robots! My friend (Thanks Ashlee) told me about a robot party she threw for her son... so it just seemed like a great theme to go with!

We made our valentine's day cards after school time. Then we made Robot cupcake pops after nap time. They may not look perfect to you but my 4 year old did most of the work... therefore I am extremely proud & in my eyes they are perfect! They taste de-lish by the way!

After our special Valentine's dinner- steak & mashed potatoes we moved on to the main event!
My husband made them robot outfits out of cardboard boxes and foil. I just glued on construction paper buttons and once everyone was dressed, we started our "Sweetheart Dance". Only catch- you have to dance, walk, and talk like a robot! Best song we danced to- Dancing Machine by the Jackson 5!

Very fun Sweetheart Dance.... next year maybe monsters... or maybe ghosts?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment