Monday, January 17, 2011

Getting Ready for Gabby!



I am preparing for a baby shower in two weeks for one my best friends! Heather Rios is expecting her first baby, a girl Gabrielle Elizabeth this April. I have been hand making a few of the items & I was so excited about my success I had to blog about it!


I ♥ evites, they are free! But for this party we decided to go with the old fashion postal service.... now I could have gotten those vague lame ones that come 8 in pack at Target or spend a bunch of money on customized ones from places like Tiny Prints. Instead, I decided to do homemade invitations. Now for someone who is not a craft expert I was a little nervous. Thanks to help and confidence by my good friend we made our first template and then we were set!

I got all of my supplies from the local craft store.
Scrapbook paper in green and purple.
Cardstock in brown.
Tiny jewels in green and purple found in the jewelry section.
Plain envelopes.

For the designs I used a cricut machine. For the inside and envelope I used Microsoft Word.
For the inside, I stained the tips of the paper with brown stamping ink.

I believe in doing things yourself. & like I said before, I am totally not crafty... so if I can do it, ANYONE can! Just to tie the bows, I had to youtube how to tie one! LOL (youtube video)

I used a hot glue gun instead. I made one before with regular glue and it wasn't very sturdy! I love making my own cake stands because you can customize it everytime with your party colors! This time I made a two layer one, normally it is 3.

Cake stand:
Brown ribbon
Sytrofoam One 14" (bottom) & 12" (top)
Scrapbook paper
Decorative flowers





I love baby banners! I never thought I could make one, but when I saw them going for $30 on Etsy I was determined to figure out how. I found a great post about it(check out here) & I was inspired to give it a try! If I didn't have the cricut machine to cut out the letters I would have just printed them out. I found the beautiful brown butterflies for 85 cents when I was at the checkout at the ribbon store! Just look around, remember you can use anything you want! For the middle decor I used the baby buggy that I used on the invitations.

Baby Banner Supplies:
Brown, white, and purple ribbon
Scrapbook paper
Cricut letters
Hole puncher
Glue

No comments:

Post a Comment