Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year!

It's 2011 and I got to start off the New Year with my first party! My hubby & I found out a lot of our out of town friends would be in town this weekend so just a few days ago wii decided to host a game night. With not much time nor the desire to spend a lot of money, wii were able to pull off an enjoyable game night!

If I had more time I would have definitely did somethings different, but hey! that's life, you do with what you have :)

I have always loved the Mario & Luigi themed party, especially since I am a Wii fan. So with a few Super Mario character print outs & pom poms we were set. I really wanted balloon bouquets but unfortunately my favorite party stores were closed today for the Holiday. At first I was thinking bright colors to decorate but it was a party for the 20-30 something crowd so I went with all white instead.

When the guests arrived they were given a name tag that had a color dot on it. The color dot placed them on a team: Red= Mario, Green=Luigi, Orange=Yoshi, and Blue=Toad. Wii played Mario Olympic Games. For every 1st place a team scored they moved closer to the finish line on the scoreboard. The winner won a star trophy. I had extra from a previous party, however if I had more time I would have had these super cool Super Mario Water bottles sold at birthdayexpress.com. To ship them in time would have cost me $15+! Total waste of money. So my second choice was to make star cookies, but I ran out of time! I am 7 months pregnant and just decided to do this 3 days ago! I get a free pass :)

star cookie featured here, mine would not look like this... but it would have been a yellow star with black eyes! lol



I believe everyone had a good time, I know our family sure did! What a way to start the New Year! I hope this is a sign of what is to come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment